Portal w trakcie przebudowywania.
Niektóre funkcje są tymczasowo wyłączone, inne mogą nie działać poprawnie.

Grywałski from Grywałd

30.06.2019 19:00
Dear friends!

Please apologize writing in English rather than Polish, but it is not my native language. I am conducting research on my family history and it led me to Poland. Hence, I am looking for help researching my Polish heritage, connected to the name Grywałski (and many other, slightly differing, forms - Grywałdzki, Grzywałdski, Grzywładski...), originating in Grywałd, Malopolskie.

My oldest documented ancestors are Martinus Grivaldski (born around 1731 in Lechnicz), who wedded Anna Koscinski on 23. November 1786 in Lechnicz. The Slovak village Lechnicz is about 10 km away from Grywałd, and since the local personal books do not provide information before 1766, I wanted to research the history of Grywałd. The family may originate there, due to the close proximity and high commonness of the name Grywałski in Grywałd. The Grywałdski family should have held the solectwo in the village from 1591 forth (Słownik geograficzny Królestwa Polskiego i innych krajów słowiańskich (1880-1914, Tom II, strona 886)). The first mention of the name comes from the Codicem diplomaticum Poloniae Minoris and is from 1335 ("Chociażby bowiem w średniowiecznym dokumencie wydanym przez ksienię starosądecką Katarzynę, zezwalającym na lokację pobliskiej wsi Kamienicy poraź pierwszy wymieniony został m. in. „Philippus Plebanus de Grunwald”. W dokumencie z roku 1335 o akcie lokacyjnym wsi Dębno, w pobliżu Nowego Targu, wymienia się „Czcigodnego Urbana in Grunuald.")

Some literature refers, that the family belonged to the herb Gryf (szlachtaRP.pl, Herbarz Tadeusz Gajl, Herbarz Znamierowskiego, Winiarskiego, Uruskiego...). Unfortunately I do not have access to the database or the literature provided, since I do not live in Poland. Is there please anyone with access to the literature mentioned or any other sources, who could help me further?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,

Tereza from Vienna

Komentarze (1)

7.07.2020 15:24
Dzień dobry
De Grunewald dzisiaj Grywałd.

Troche wiecej info - http://grywald.podhale.pl/historia-para ... rywaldzie/

Pozdrawiam
Bogusław Waksmundzki